Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Arts West tree planting

Today we went again to plant trees. We planted many different kinds of trees at Arts West. We planted peach, gooseberry and current trees and bushes. As a class we probably planted 6 or so fruit trees or bushes. It went by much faster this time because we all knew what we were doing from the last time. I think this is a really great project to help people get their intake of fruit. I look forward to coming back next year and seeing how much they have grown. I hope this project really helps people increase their fruit intake. With the wide variety of fruits we are planting I think that there will be something for everyone. I hope everyone kept their map from the newspaper so they know where all of the trees are. I enjoyed planting the peach tree. Ashley and I dug the hole for the tree pretty fast and were ready to go. I feel like I definitely know how to plant a tree and protect it with the fence type stuff around it. I hope to use this in the future and plant some trees when I have a bigger yard. It was good to help with this process and hopefully help the city of Athens be a little healthier.

I think that our garden is coming along pretty well. Most of our plants are planted. But next week it is going to be hot so we have to make sure to water it a lot so our plants don't die. We are planting peppers, nasturtiums, kohlrabi,broccoli, spinach. I think that is everything. I hope our plants grow really well and we produce a lot. I think this is a great project. I plant on taking a picture next week to show the what our garden looks like. It will be interesting to see our plants once they start producing vegetables. I think next week will be out working on our garden and project frequently.

1 comment:

  1. Allen,it is really great! So far, you have alot of experience to plant or even teach others, sounds really wonderful! And very glad that you learn from the project, that is the Dr.Holben's goal in this class. Well done!

    ReplyDelete